Tuesday 5 December 2017

The unseen war - Won through Praise!

“Why does God allow me to go through this pain?”, “Why does God seem to be silent when I need Him the most?”, “Why me, Lord?”, “What did I do to deserve this?”, “I can’t see how You can work out this horrible evil for my good!”. We wrestle with such thoughts and questions, that shake the core of our Faith when we go through difficult times that don’t make sense. We know deep down, that God our Father, is loving, and will never let anything happen to us, that does not include a divine plan of redemption and deliverance, bringing joy to us in the end. And yet, when we face the reality of the painful situations we go through, it becomes difficult to proclaim the truth of the goodness of God.

The moment we see/hear words like Trials/Tribulations, we remember Job, from the Old Testament of the Bible. We learn what “Walking by faith, and not by sight” looks like, when we look at how, Job, unaware of the reasons behind the series of losses he experienced, chose to utter the words, “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” This is a difficult form of worship - Glorifying God right in the midst of fiery trials, through the very pain that the enemy purposefully inflicts upon us, to cause us to doubt the goodness of God. Little did Job know, that behind-the-scenes, God had His great victory and Satan his worse defeat – when Job uttered those words of “Praise” from the depths of His heart – that proved once and for all, that Job worshipped and pursued God for who He is, not for the good gifts he received from Him.

When we are pushed to the edge, when we feel like there’s no hope, when we assume that God has probably forgotten us and has ceased to answer our prayers – it’s a prime opportunity to praise Him in the storm, to glorify His Holy Name through the trials, and to prove that our love towards Him is not shallow.

A great quote from Rick Warren:

The deepest level of worship is praising God in spite of the pain, thanking God during the trials, trusting him when we’re tempted to lose hope and loving him when he seems so distant and far away. At my lowest, God is my hope. At my darkest, God is my light. At my weakest, God is my strength. At my saddest, God is my comforter.

Praise His Name - By Jeff and Sheri Easter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqAN2i7GM0

No comments:

Post a Comment