Monday 22 January 2018

Remember your real home - Heavenly mindedness

John 14:1-3
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

II Corinthians 17,18
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

There are times, when we get so bogged down with the cares of this world, that it's easy to forget where we're going. At times of worship, we get a glimpse of how Heaven would be like, when our soul is flooded with joy beyond comprehension as we experience the divine Love that surpasses our understanding. It's so exciting to recall the wonderful fact, that we're here on this earth, as mere ambassadors, our homeland is elsewhere. Jesus, at this very moment is preparing a place for us – And what a privilege is that!? It's a mind-boggling thought, that although we fell short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God), He chose us through His grace (Ephesians 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love), and has glorious plans to reward us for the life we live here, leaning on His grace and mercy.

When our time comes to leave home, or when the Lord raptures the Church, whichever is early - we're in for the real party, a real celebration, the time when God Himself will wipe our tears, for there will be no more sorrow, and no more pain (Revelation 21:4 - And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away). What an exciting thought is that! This thought becomes all the more glorious for those who've endured pain, and those who've longed for greater things that the world could never offer.

There’s no better words than the Psalmist’s to express the reason we love to go home: "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You." – Psalm 73:25

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.”
― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

“Your life is short, your duties many, your assistance great, and your reward sure; therefore faint not, hold on and hold up, in ways of well-doing, and heaven shall make amends for all.”
― Thomas Brooks

See you in heaven! 


There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

There'll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment