Wednesday 21 June 2017

Too broken for a fix? Too late for a miracle?

Genesis 18:14
Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.


Living in a world where we have instant coffee, instant messaging, instant payments, it's hard to digest the fact that God's timelines are not how we'd like it to be. I watch encouraging sermons, listen to uplifting songs, read promises of God's deliverance and blessings from the Word - to carry the hope of the promise of deliverance as I plod through every day of my life, waiting for God to come through. "Is there a deficiency in my faith? Am I not praying according to God's will? Why do I feel like my prayers are bouncing off the ceiling? I have been patient for months and years now, am I waiting on God for the right thing?" - These are some of the thoughts I struggle with every other day.

What do we do when we feel too broken to be fixed? When it seems like it's too late for a miracle?


We look at the great cloud of witnesses (Hebrews 12) in the Bible, the ones that have gone before us, who've gone through some amazing waiting periods, yet hanging on to the truth that the unchanging and ever-loving God, will never leave them nor forsake them. Somedays I think, is it even possible for someone in the right mind to wait for the promised child at the age of 100? How heartbroken would Martha and Mary have been, when Lazarus died, because Jesus chose not to respond quickly to their crisis? But when every ounce of possibility of a miracle is gone, there is still a way for God to bring the best out of nowhere. For, is anything too hard for the Lord?

Isn't it great, when He was four days late, He was still on time?

Four days late - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7yAkqu3Ek

But You're four days late And all hope is gone
Lord we don't understand why you've waited so long
But His way is God's way, Not yours or mine
When He's four days late, He's still on time

No comments:

Post a Comment