Tuesday 13 June 2017

Which way, Lord?

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.

Psalm 143: 10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.


Often times in life, I feel like am at a crossroad, and my mind starts contemplating on the best possible course that I could take. The Corporate world teaches me that I need to meticulously weigh the Pros and Cons of each option, before locking on a decision. Google doesn't help either. All it does is compound my problem, making a mountain out of a molehill - by providing more "options" to consider, ruining my peace. After a lot of thought and second thoughts, I end up with, not a "solution", but increased "confusion". I blame my indecisiveness and I give up. As my mind slowly withdraws from frantically evaluating options, my heart reminds me that I have a better way to deal with this chaos. "How could you forget that you have Someone who has promised to be by your side at ALL times, protecting you and leading you?", my heart says. And then my mind slowly agrees, "Yes, my God, my Good Shepherd, and my Best Friend, directs my path and orders my steps. He leads me beside quiet waters, and I, as His sheep, need only to hear His voice and follow Him.”

It's a wonderful and a comforting truth, the more you reflect on it, the more marvelous it is. The One who knows everything that could possibly be known, the One who holds the universe with the power of His Word, the One who created everything that exists in and around me, the One who's already seen my future and knows it better than I know my past - HE offers to lead me and guide me by His nail-pierced Hands! What an awesome privilege is that? My mind is too small to understand the greatness of this truth - How can a God who is so great, come down and die for me, to teach me and lead me to live a beautiful life, that's better than my wildest dreams and fantasies? True that I have had to cross some valleys of humiliation and depression, true that am clueless as to what God's will for my life is, but it is also true that I'm still alive, basking in the goodness of God even in the midst of every chaos and struggle, as am carried by the One, who once carried the weight of the sins of the whole wide world. It will take Heaven, for me to understand the depth of such unconditional and pure love.

When this great truth dawns on me, the questions like "Which way should I go?", "Which is the best option to choose?" do not torment me anymore. "I will follow Your lead, Lord, wherever it may be, whatever be the cost" is my response to that divine, inexplicable Love, that has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. I then understand that like an aircraft, I just need to acknowledge and obey the instructions from the control room (promptings from the Holy Spirit), one instruction at a time, and I will safely reach my destination (Proverbs 3:6 - In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths). And I quietly bless the Lord, for all that He's done and trust Him for all He's yet to do, and continue with the routines of life, with a peace that surpasses all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment