Saturday 9 May 2015

Worry Not, Trust God and enjoy!


Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

   In this world full of cares and burdens, it is easy to be caught up in anxiety and worries. We bother more about the past and the future when God asks us to live in the present. God is always the GREAT I AM. It is certainly true that time cannot limit God and that God can be in the past, present and the future at the same time (I know it is something our limited mind can never understand), still HE prefers to be known as the GREAT I AM. We see that, that is how HE introduced Himself to Moses. This gives us an indication that God likes to be in the present and God wants us also to live in the present and enjoy it rather than being upset about the yesterdays or be worrying about the tomorrows. Every new morning is full of new mercies from God - which is the exact required amount of GOD'S favor, a touch of HIS grace - to face the challenges that lie ahead "today". But it takes the eyes of faith to see those wonderful mercies God gives us – so open your eyes of Faith wide!! I believe that the botherations about the past and the future are the hurdles that limit our enthusiasm for living the Brand new "today" with all the talents God has equipped us with.

   Every day is a new day full of challenges, opportunities and lessons and we are to simply receive GOD'S grace and do our best wherever we are, whatever we do - doing it not for man but for the glory of God! Every authority (as Jesus said) has been given from above which means that God chose your boss to be your boss!
Ephesians 6: 5-7
5 Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ;
6 not with eye service, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
7 with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men
         Every job or task we've been assigned in this world - be it to take care of the family or to do what is expected of us in our profession - is given by God. Hence, we need to accept all the tasks and do it as one would do it for God and not for man. This means that we need to put away with lamentations and grumbling and joyfully do it with all our heart and in the best way we can! I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I say "joyfully". Some might even say that their nature of job is not something that could be enjoyed -"It is the worst ever". Believe it or not - there is no job in this world, which can gratify a man, and there is no man in this world who has peace in his job (exception - if a man does the job for God and not for man, his perspective differs!)- be it the CEO of a company or the President of a country. In fact, their burdens and responsibilities are far heavier than the normal workers.

         What do we do, when we find that our work consumes our peace? I think that the solution (Which is the ultimate solution for EVERYTHING) is reliance on God. Worry not about the future, family life, career advancement or any other thing of that sort - for our trust is in God. I strangely feel that worry characterizes adults and not children. Adults take everything in their heads at the same time – and keep worrying about the things that have been (past) and yet to be (future) – losing focus on things that are (in the present) messing up everywhere. I’ve never seen a child frowning with worry about his future – “How do I finish my studies, How do I get a job, How do I lead a family..“ etc. The main reason is, the child has parents/guardians, who will take care of his needs. This unshakeable trust keeps the children far from tensions and stress. This is one of the reasons why God says “We must become like children to inherit the kingdom of God”. Our heavenly Father is so much more trustworthy than our earthly ones and hence, we can boldly, without the slightest of doubts, put our trust in HIM just like a child (and believe that we are going to have the BEST future if we love God and serve Him) by submitting everything that burdens us - to HIM - with a prayer.

         There's been a lot of times when I have regarded my work as "dull, boring and monotonous", but whenever I look up to HIM, ask for HIS grace and ask HIM to help me enjoy my work, I've seen my whole perspective change! With songs of praise in my heart, I begin to do even the boring tasks with energy and enthusiasm. But I must confess that not all the times do I rely on HIS grace and by this grave mistake, I put myself under unnecessary pressure. So my point is, each time we face our daily challenges, like - studying that dry subject, doing those boring chores at home, taking up that repetitious and monotonous job, fulfilling the assigned responsibilities - let us ask for HIS grace and wisdom which will keep us singing through our problems and we'd begin to enjoy what we once considered as the “worst-kind-of-job”! As a final note, there is something we can do with the past and future also - thank God for the past and trust God for the future.  Let us live the present with complete reliance on God(presenting our requests to HIM when we need help) and enjoy every moment God has blessed us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment